Wednesday, July 20, 2011

and now for some station identification...

so i think it's time to clarify some things for you, gentle reader, since you can count yourself one of the rare, faithful few who actually deign to skim my musings in your spare time. you deserve some need-to-know info.

first, the labels. yes, labels. they are located underneath the title of each post. i guess in other arenas and forums, they're known as "tags" but perhaps they're not as intuitive here on blogger. dunno. not up on my code and html designing as i used to be.

regardless, there they are. and i put them there because i'm lazy and i can't be arsed keeping up more than one blog. however, as you know, i have many facets to my life and most of them are completely disparate from each other. not only that, i have whole communities dedicated to said disparate things and i am different people to these different communities. call me sydney bristow, i guess. a gal of many aliases.

anyhow (i've decided that 'anyhoo' was getting too annoying, even for me), if you are a reader from a specific facet of my life and aren't interested in the others, then these labels will be your godsend. follow me on my guided tour, if you please. anything labeled:

  • knitting - is self-explanatory
  • life - is about my kids, my work, the minutiae of my day
  • the universe - is about my inner monologue/rant/rambling on sundry universal themes/topics
  • everything - is about miscellanea like youtube vids of interest, books/movies/tv shows i like, or anything else - like this little number - that defies categorization

so there you have it. of course, a lot of my entries will probably overlap and i shall attempt to use the appropriate labels for your personal edification. if i miss the mark, somehow, my apologies ahead of time but life *is* messy and convoluted that way so perhaps i don't need to apologize?

oh, i just reread what i wrote - like the good english major/teacher that i am - and i realize i said "first" earlier on, implying there's more than one thing i wish to address. now what was the other thing...

sorry. senior moment.

okay, got it. the title of my blog and the URL. they don't match. that's because i really wanted my title to be my URL but it was already taken so i had to come up with a new URL but i still wanted to keep the title, so...voila! and in case you're not a nu-whovian and both phrases need explaining, i've added a handy-dandy link right under the subhead of my title. it's very subtle. blink, and you'll miss it. ahahaha! pun intended.

oh, and because most people are visual learners anymore and will only skim to the pictures, here's one i found simply by googling "random picture":



edwards/keelan/maricel signing off! :)

2 comments:

  1. I miss Alias. And I'm so glad I'm not the only one I know who watched it. I usually get the wtf look from people when I ask if they watched it. I have the series on DVD and watched the whole thing in its entirety while pregnant with Z. Oh and now that you mention it, I may have to watch it again since I have 2 more months before the majority of my tv shows don't start back up till September/October. Do you watch Dexter by chance?

    Also I should probably let the english major part of you know that I have crappy grammar skillz so please don't hold it against me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to get Keelan to watch Dexter for, literally, years. GET ON IT!

    ReplyDelete